.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.17.2005


sick sad world

I have spent the past two days at work, not working. There is nothing to do. I think I'm going to start breaking down from sheer boredom. Oddly enough, while work is not bursting with things to do, there is a minute amount of tedious tasks that need to be completed. Have I been the diligent worker and created work for myself? Not really. Have a I made myself indispensable to my boss - as I have suggested to many people who are faced with a light work load? Oh no, of course not. I'm too busy with volunteer work to actually do the stuff that I get paid for. I am a sad, sad disgrace.

In other unrelated events, what the heck is with this picture? I found it by accident, when trying to look-up the weird job my cousin has. The best way I can explain this job is that she rides around on a 2-wheeled scooter that you stand on and it's like a small, moving promotional booth. And if that makes sense to you, you're awesome. To make things worse, I accidentally typed in a web site that was some sort of French public safety site and two clicks later involving a cow, I arrived at this photo. Why are the French so weird? What does this even mean? Why did I have to go through a cow to get to the ear baby? So, as I was disturbed by the drawing, I decided it was just random enough to be my new chat icon. And that, my friends, is how my weird, sick and strange humor evolves, daily.

5 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 3:01 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

Ear's to your quirky new icon!

 
At 8/17/2005 7:25 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

i just read an article in people about people getting fired for their blogs. i hope your boss doesn't EAR anything about your slow work days.

 
At 8/17/2005 8:52 PM, Blogger Jackson Left a note...

Shut the EAR up, Ricky! Er...yeah...

 
At 8/18/2005 5:15 PM, Blogger Jeff H Left a note...

I think it speaks eloquently of the French...

Aw, crap--they're just plain self-absorbed fools over there. No taste--they think Jerry Lewis is the ultimate comedic genius.

 
At 8/19/2005 8:45 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

you just posted on my website, and if you would have stayed on 10 more seconds you would have been able to read my new blog. :(

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...