.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.15.2005


6 days since my last post

I have had an amazing few days since my last post. Many of you have asked me about the "dream job." You should all stand and applaud because I am meeting with them on Thursday to discuss their proposal. I am praying that it is a full-time position and not the much-dreaded contract position. I will, most-likely, turn down anything less than a full-time position.

I, along with 45 leaders from Crossroads, attended the Willow Creek Leadership Summit for 2.5 days. In that picture, I am on the far right next to the girl in green, Alecia. Man, it was AWESOME. Barring death, hospitalization or natural disaster, I will never miss a Summit! Just like last year, I have come off from it feeling rejuvenated and ready to do some serious goal-setting and get in the game to win for Christ. However, this year, I feel a conviction like no other to really start taking this whole leadership thing seriously. I feel like most people think that involvement in leadership with a church is something a kin to an intense hobby. Justin was so good to point that one out to me. It's true. Why don't people take you seriously when you dive into helping save someone's soul? Let's see. Eternal life or a higher dedication to your job? Why does it feel like the later is the most import one? The later is certainly the most socially acceptable in this area. I got to hear from so many GREAT leaders in business and church. It really is food for the soul. The one that hit the home the greatest? I was moved the most by Kenneth Ulmer. He just broke it down - fully commit yourself. It's so important that it's worth dying for. And it is.

I had just about enough time to run a brush through my hair between returning from the Summit to go to my 10-year high school reunion. That was a total trip. Surreal and interesting. It was not what I expected at all. I had a GREAT time! Oddly enough, Justin had an even better time. He enjoyed the rush of popularity as many of the jocks and preps knew him. I swear more people knew him than me. It's funny to see how people change and yet don't change. Someone did tell me that she was surprised that I was still in Pleasanton, because she thought for sure that I would be the most likely to leave and never come back. I remember saying that, but man, way to make me feel like a loafer! At least I was amused to find out that Justin had a huge crush on the one girl that Shannon and I really did not like in high school - Alexa. She was sweet, but there was something about her that rubbed me the wrong way. She was a "me" girl. Like, "did you hear about me... did you see me... guess what so-and-so told me..." Anyway, I told her about the crush and when she met Justin, he told her that she was in a play he wrote in drama class. She immediately offered to send his stuff along to the right people, because she "knows" people in the business. She sells something for J. Lo, that's the part of the business she's in. Still, I guess it was a nice gesture, or it was an insincere platitude. I cannot tell which. I think I'll just assume the best of her. Too bad Justin doesn't write plays, because we could find out how far the rabbit hole goes with her connections.

Here's a photo of me and Scotty Doo. He's mighty funny. I wish I had more time to talk to him, but at least I got to hear, in person, about his movie idea. He plans to get Joey Lawrence and Keaneau Reeves in a film entitled "Whoa." Each character will have a double-dose of "whoa" in their lines and it should be an excellent block-buster. Of course, I have no idea what the plot is, but who cares! I would go! (Scott, if I have that wrong, please correct me. I am still laughing about it, though.) I wonder if Alexa would forward his stuff on to the right people...

3 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 10:55 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

That summit sounded amazing, there is such energy in your post, I wish I had some of it! Blessings to you, and I hope it doesn't wear off.

 
At 8/16/2005 2:10 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

I'm applauding for everything in your post, how's that?

 
At 8/16/2005 7:44 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

There's a very attractive young man in that picture somewhere. GO FIND HIM! And....thanks for finally posting something. JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...