.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.26.2005


the things I would do for love:

1.) Pose in a Star Wars, Han and Leia, photo. If there is one thing that must prove my love for Justin it is that picture. The people making the photos were really impressed with us and Justin's crooked-Harrison smile and with my expression. The guy taking the photo asked me to look like a damsel in distress. I was like, dude, are you kidding me? I WAS a damsel in distress!

2.) Go to Disneyland during peak season. I know the trip was for Luke, but we had so much more fun when we went in January. However, Luke is right at the perfect age for Disneyland. He's just big enough to go on Space Mountain (but not Indie, rats!). He's just small enough to unabashedly wrap his arms around Mickey in a fierce hug. He didn't have to ride in a stroller, which makes life easier in a crowd. However I am increasingly convinced that strollers may be the next weapon of passive aggressive rage-aholics. It was also nice for Luke to tell us what he wanted to do next - no more guess work for us. Alas, much to Justin's dismay, while Star Tours ranks pretty high on Luke's list of favorite Disneyland activities, it was Buz Lightyear's ride that stole his heart for this trip. This was also a huge blessing to me, because we only had to ride Star Tours twice. And because the Star Tours ride lets you out in the Star Wars Disney store, where the photo from #1 was taken, I can barely drag Justin and Luke out of there. It's a whole other attraction on its own. For those of you who want to know, yes, we had a nice time at Disneyland.

3.) Attempt to climb a second story balcony to get into my house, because Justin put my house keys in his pocket and then proceeded to get a on plane to Atlanta. Yeah, welcome to my morning. You don't want to hear this at 5:45 AM, "Honey, I'm about to board our plane and you're going to kill me. Your keys are in my pocket." Oh how I curse you, little two-part key chain. I thought it would be so cool to be able to separate my house keys from my car keys. It's not. It had gotten us both into so much trouble with getting locked out. Anyway, so I had to reach my dad, who picked-up a spare key from us on Saturday before we left. However, my dad was also at an airport waiting to board his flight to Alaska. So, I called my mom (gee, I'm glad my family doesn't mind me calling them at 5:50 AM!). She had my dad paged at the airport to see where he put the key. Since, they are both of out town, they can't just look for it. He put it in his truck, which was locked, at their house. So, I made my way there, only to discover that the only key I have to my parent's house is in Justin's pocket and somewhere over Nevada at that point. Bless my mom and her hide-a-key! Long story short (too late): I was able to locate the key to my parent's house, the truck and my house. Oh, and I failed to mention that I did all of this running around and climbing the shrubbery at our complex in my PJs. At one point my mom suggested that I just go to work and wait for a locksmith. Well, nevermind that my office keys are also in said husband's pocket, my hair was unbrushed, I still had on my PJs, I was sans make-up...

In the words of Meatloaf (taken completely out of context for my own selfish purposes), "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that."

3 Comments:

At 7/26/2005 3:28 PM, Blogger Jackson Left a note...

You used "shrubbery" in a post and it wasn't a stretch. Kudos to you.

 
At 7/26/2005 3:36 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

Well, perhaps you can rest in the fact that others found your tragedy funny. Orwas that not the point? Whoops. Um, I love the Star Wars pictures? Very, very cute...

 
At 7/27/2005 1:08 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

I can laugh abot the unfortunate stuff that happens almost as soon as it happens. I don't take too much stuff that's out of my control seriously. I'm glad it's amusing to SOMEONE. I take that a huge compliment from my fellow bloggers, whom I admire intensely.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...