.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.25.2005


the sea of jerks


Disneyland is supposed to be the happiest place on Earth, not the jerkiest place on Earth. We tried to see the fireworks tonight and the end result was us taking a tour from Tomorrow Land through the area in front of the castle, to Frontier Land, around Adventure Land, back to Main Street and then FINALLY we were able to sneak into the crowd. If that last statement sounded weird, it was. We had to SNEAK into A CROWD.

Those cast members with the light wands waving people to and fro are absolutely militant. I know they kind of have to be, but man! A lady cannot even stop to tie her shoe (while politely and secretly crooning her neck to see the fireworks from behind a tree). We contemplated just ignoring the cast members as they repeatedly told people that, "This is not a viewing area." But being the sort of people with consciences that we are, we decided to move along. My favorite wand-waving cast member was the one who was screaming, "Don't look, don't view the fireworks, keep walking." I nudged Justin and said, "Uh oh, I'm looking!"

However, the scariest part of being a huge crowd like that? Being 5'4" in that crowd. It's the perfect height to get overlooked by a large majority of people. That may not sounds so bad to you people on the taller end of the spectrum, but being overlooked means getting shoved, stepped-on, elbowed and a vast variety of other rude and painful inflictions. It's also the perfect height for people to run over your already-sore feet with their very heavy strollers.

2 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

Ouch, I hope you at least enjoyed the rest of the experience!

 
At 7/26/2005 11:12 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

We did have a great time! I am just a spoiled Season Passport holder, so I cannot handle the peak season madness. I like my Disneyland empty and cold! Bring on the drizzle, bring on the winds, I would rather deal with some weather unpleasantries than deal with the "sea of humanity" as Justin called it. I think I have a crowd phobia or something. Maybe I've just been stepped on too many times.

I don't mean to sound like a jaded Disneyland visitor. It is still my favorit place on Earth... In the fall, winter and part of Spring. One could say that I'm a foul-weathered friend of the Dland.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...