.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.22.2005


finally, it's Friday!

I love Fridays. I wish it wasn't as close to Monday, but there is something magical about a Friday. Everyone at works seems a little happier with the weekend looming just past your lunch hour. This time, however, I am even more excited about Friday, because tomorrow we head to Disneyland! I can't wait to go with my family. The three of us have never been there alone. There is a twinge of excitement in the air at the Tipton House. Of course, I think Justin is only excited because he gets to go on Star Tours a million times in a row. And he has Luke convinced that Star Tours is his favorite ride, as well. I know better, though. Luke will tell you that Autopia ("the cars" in Luke-language) is his favorite.

Despite Luke's interest in Autopia, Justin is likely to get the long-awaited Star Wars fan and son combined! Luke's Star Wars collection is growing. Last night's addition was a Darth Vader. Luke really likes the Jedi Force toys, I think it's because they look like Rescue Heroes. Justin would rather Luke get into real Star Wars figures, but I don't really care (obviously), I just like the Jedi Force figures because they have big feet. There's something totally cute about dolls/action figures with big feet. That comes from my mom. She's always grabbing the feet of dolls, even those that do not belong to her or people whom she knows.

I am sure I'll post more photos from Disneyland, but here we are at bedtime. Luke loves Goodnight Moon and has memorized it completely. There is this part of the book where you say "Goodnight Nobody" and the page is blank. Every time he gets to that part he looks at me in consternation and says, "Hey, you cleaned that up!" I guess my cleaning is noticeable even to an almost five-year-old. What can you do?

Goodnight Luke, sweet dreams.

4 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 1:09 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

ummm...i am confused. did you not just post pictures from two seperate visits to disneyland with justin and luke? wtf, over?

 
At 7/22/2005 2:45 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

We try to take Luke every time he's here. Those pictures were from 2 separate trips one in 2003 and one in 2005. We go, mostly, because WE like it. It's a good thing Luke does, too.

 
At 7/22/2005 8:56 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

I love the bedtime picture, that is sooo cute!

 
At 7/23/2005 1:01 AM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

thanks frances, because marla just made it even more confusing with her second comment.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...