.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.24.2005


prayers for rebekah

As Christians, we are called to always be reaching out to others. It is sad that many times our reach is only to those we can physically touch. I spent a great deal of time on a blog last night (thanks to Darlene). It was a blog put together for a little girl suffering with Cerebral Palsey and Ewing's Sarcoma (an inoperable cancer in her face and neck). Rebekah is her name. I do not know this family, but I was crying and praying for them last night. I cannot even imagine what they are going through. I have been spending my quiet time in Job and I am still amazed at and baffled by Job's choice to worship even on the very worst of days - when his house, livestock, servants and children were tragically taken away. Can anyone out there say that they would WORSHIP on that day? Job must have been super-human. That is why he is so amazing to me. And reading Job reminds me that I should be thankful for every single thing in my life.

You know how much I detest cancer for all the destruction is has done in my family, but being led to go deeper in Rebekah's story was a spiritual journey for me. Too often I focus on myself. Too often do I forget the suffering of other people. Too often do I take things for granted. This family will be dedicated to my prayers every single day. No one is going to be able to know how much hurt they feel inside, but we can pray for a strength, a peace and energy that surpasses all understanding. I will always believe in miracles and I will be praying for one.

I hope that you will visit Rebekah's blog, I have linked it to the title of this post as well as added it to my sidebar. Please drop a comment on one of the postings. I know they would appreciate all prayers and notes of encouragement.

5 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 10:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

Marla, tonight you have become a kindred spirit that I didn't know before. I'm pretty much crazy about you right now because of your heart for others.

 
At 8/25/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger Ileana Left a note...

I haven't stopped thinking about and praying for this little girl. There is power in prayer and after reading Rebeka's blog this morning, I am thankful that she is hanging on and that her parents are finding comfort in our thoughts and prayers. Let's keep praying.

 
At 8/25/2005 11:37 AM, Blogger steve Left a note...

Marla
Thank you so very much for your prayers for Rebekah. Thank you for linking to her. I know that her whole family thanks you for this


God bless!

 
At 8/25/2005 5:13 PM, Blogger Curious Servant Left a note...

Lord, bless this child.

Bless this family.

Bless those doctors.

May Your presence be felt by everyone involved.

May You be glorified in this.

Amen.

 
At 8/27/2005 11:23 AM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

I know every little bit is going to make a difference.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...