.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.21.2005


all's quiet on the blogger front

It's quiet out there. Short postings can be found on all my friend's sites and no one is commenting. Even I haven't felt up to my daily posting. Where is everyone?

Luke goes home on Tuesday (7/26) and time seems to be hurling us, at a break-neck speed, toward our deadline. Why does our time with him seem to move faster than the rest of the months, yet slow down to a near crawl on certain days? Whenever he's here, I go through these moments of either desiring full-time motherhood or getting my tubes tided ASAP. Right now, I'm feeling somewhere in the middle.

My in-laws recently informed Justin and I that we are to give them a granddaughter. Flabbergasted beyond belief, I stared back at my cuddly dad-in-law and all he said was, "So that mother can dress her up."

I looked over at mom-in-law and all she said was, "It would be fun to have a little girl in the family."

Perhaps you need to know that before we got married, the in-laws were not too in favor of us getting married so soon and having children. To give them full-credit, Justin and I got engaged after 6 months of dating and 3 months after his divorce was final. So, they had legitimate concerns. I won them over, though. And they had me at hello.

So, there you have it. We are supposed to have a daughter. Just when I thought my ovaries are safe...

3 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 7:08 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

I don't know what the deal is, I've fallen prey to bogger block as well. I'm reduced to posting cute pictures and hoping for the best...

 
At 7/22/2005 1:08 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

i'm all blogged out atm. even if i try to blog something witty right now, it comes off as forced.

btw, nicki and i aren't stopping until we have a boy and a girl. even if it means 25 kids.

 
At 7/22/2005 2:48 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Yeah, I have been feeling forced. I guess that's why my blogs seem kinda trite right now. So, rather than impose further platitudes upon y'all. I'm taking a break from blogging. I'll be back next week, though. Hopefully, I'll have something better to say.

Ricky, good luck with the perfect combo of children. That's exactly what we want. Well, Justin just wants boys. I need a girl. I grew-up in a girl-house, I can't have an all-boy house! That's just won't work. Maybe if we have all girls and you have all boys, we can trade...

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...