.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.30.2005


a new look

Everyone loves a makeover. This time, Darlene was the artist at work. Her business, Chameleon Blog Skins, designed my spiffy new look and I love it. I think it's really funny that even though this site was not made with me in mind, it suites me as though it was. The cafe theme is perfect for my nickname, Bean.

Does everyone know how I became Bean? It's a short story. It all started with my creative writing teacher, Mr. Heinitz. I used to wear a Body Shop vanilla bean oil. Whenever I would walk past his desk, he would ask if I just made french toast or something. He would follow that up with a comment about loving french toast - ew! I told him that it was actually a vanilla bean oil. So, he started to call me Vanilla Bean. Eventually my good friend Jen, who was also in the class, said that I should be called Marla Bean, because my middle name is Jean. Inside of a few months, I was known as Bean to my friends and peers. It's been with me for nearly 11 years. It's the sort of term of endearment that makes me smile.

7 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 11:20 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

It's bean nice getting to know you Mrs. Bean. Thank you for the link to my site, that is so nice. This site is uniquely you.

 
At 8/31/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Jackson Left a note...

Hey, does this count as shopping for yourself?

 
At 8/31/2005 6:57 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

It looks awesome, Ms. Bean, good choice!

 
At 9/01/2005 9:37 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Actually, Jax, I cleared the purchase with Justin and it was decided to be OK. You see, Darlene ran a special to help Rebekah's. She donated 100% of last Friday's proceeds of her sales to Rebekah. So that is the reason I bought it before my fast was up.

 
At 9/01/2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Jackson Left a note...

Hehe, okay. I was just trying to bug ya anyway.

 
At 9/01/2005 10:15 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Not that I'm defensive or anything.

 
At 9/01/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

Marla, I'm running a special on shoes and handbags now.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...