.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.18.2005


another trip in the works

Have I mentioned our love of Disneyland? There is something so wonderful about Walt's playground. It is, indeed, magical. From the syrupy sweet scents at Main Street to the hidden In'jun Joe caves on Tom Sawyer's island, there is nothing better and no place I would rather be than at Disneyland. I think it's the kid in me that keeps longing to come out and play. It is just something about the way everyone seems happier there. It really appeals to my idealist side.

We try to take Luke when here is here. This photo was taken in Toon Town (not my favorite place, but the kids love it). Don't you love how I'm too tall for a proper photo with Luke? I don't usually get to say that I'm too tall for anything.

This photo was taken over a year later. You would think that we would have learned from the prior experience! We're so stupid! However, that is Luke and his uncle Ian. I think that it is possible that Ian is an even bigger fan that I am. I have suggested the Behind the Ears books to Ian.

Anyway, I have a ton of Disney memories. A TON. Did you know that I was in the Parade of Stars at Disneyland? My cousin Emmaleigh and I were on a 3-day adventure there and we saw that people were being picked-up by cast members to be in this Parade of Stars. We studied them and their pick-up times. The last day we were there, we "wandered" over to the area where they were getting people to join the parade. We pretended that we had no idea what was going on and when the cast member asked, "Would you girls like to be in the parade?" We looked a little sheepish and relunctantly agreed, all the while we were bursting inside. We got to learn a dance and wear a tutu! We did our routine around Baloo and got a pin at the end of the night. They told us not to eBay it, but obviously some people do. Check out the pin!

More Disney adventures to follow in future blogs. What's your favorite Disneyland memory?

4 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

If you're over five feet one, then you're too tall to play Mickey Mouse!

 
At 7/18/2005 1:06 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

I used to never get sick on certain rides at disneyland. Like for example, STAR TOURS. I rode the hell out of that ride when I was little. Now I can't. I'll throw up all over the place. I hate me.

 
At 7/19/2005 12:10 AM, Blogger Jackson Left a note...

Disneyland was like a house of horrors for me when my family took vacation there when I was 5. Here are my chief memories of that trip:

1) I cried when I rode Space Mountain and got all freaked out by the darkness and the moving and the lights and the noises

2) I cried when I rode the Matterhorn, because the shaggy snowman scared the crap out of me. I later said this was my favorite ride, which was true. It was just scary.

3) I cried when the person in the giant Minnie Mouse suit came up to use while we were trying to peacefully eat our meal. I hid under the table and wept until the giant mouse-woman left.

I also remember Captain EO and Star Tours. The former was lame, the latter was cool.

 
At 7/19/2005 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Honey: Yes, Behind the "Eats" is a good book, hon. HA!

Jackson: Yes, Space Mountain freaked me out too at age 3. How my parents and grandparents thought that was an ok age to take a child on a ride like that, and how I passed the height test I'll never know.

Ricky: I went on Star Tours 4 times last D-Land visit in May. Still my favorite ride, and you know it's Luke's too (even though Marla doesn't point that out here :p). Really sux you can't get past the previous experience. They are giving the ride a complete overhaul/remodeling in the next couple years. Maybe it can be a new start for you.

I have countless D-Land memories, but my favorite is probably the entire trip when Marla and I brought Luke for the first time. My parents and brother were there as well, so basically everyone I love and care for most in this world were with me. A real generational, full circle experience, and I got to again, much like the Star Wars saga, relive something all over again thru my son's eyes. Cheesy stuff, yes, but so true.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...