.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

3.28.2006


firefly

If anyone is a Firefly or Serenity Brown Coat out there, make yourself known. I haven't been so into a show since SATC, but this one has me hooked. I love the stories, the wit, the sarcasm and the character developement. You're going to hear about this show in future posts, but that's only because I want all of you to love it the way I do. Embrace the geekiness of getting into a sci-fi fantasy realm, where the crew will make you laugh, cry and groan.

Last night we were watching Out of Gas - which is an episode that goes into the history of how most of the crew met and came aboard. We already had an episode dedicated to how Simon, River and Shepherd Book landed on Serenity, so it was nice to get some more background on the rest of them. Out of Gas really made me appreciate Kaylee's genius - as she just has a natural aptitude for mechanics. If you never saw this episode, you might assume that she trained to repair ships, but in fact, she just knows how to fix them without batting an eye. She's so sweet (as long as you ignore how Mal originally discovered her) and she seems so innocent, but them out of nowhere you see a woman in her and that woman makes outrageous statements. Kaylee is someone that I would be friends with - and not just because we were stuck on a ship together. I admire intelligent people who do not put airs, but shock the heck out of you when they show their brilliance.

I will only have 14 episodes of Firefly and one movie to think about, as the show has been cancelled, but I imagine that someday our DVD collection will resemble the ship, Serenity - tore-up plenty, but they'll still fly true.

Y'all stay shiny, now.

6 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

You have redeemed yourself from the American Idol postings. I'll be in my bunk.

 
At 3/28/2006 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Hey Marla! This is Alex - Farrah's husband!?!?! Yeah, we found your blog :)

I recently discovered the movie Serenity and loved it! (My review of the movie http://www.janella.com/blog/2006/03/13/serenity/) I'll need to Netflix Firefly and get my fix. Joss Whedon is a pretty sharp writer.

BTW - if you happen to read Janella.com, all the post are mine even though I gave the domain name to Farrah. You can leave any comments there, and I'm sure she'll read it. But (typical Farrah) she may take forever to comment :)

 
At 3/29/2006 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

i certianly agree with you, i'd love to be shacked up on a tiny little ship with Kaywinnit Lee. She's the sweetheart of the rodeo.

Out of Gas is probably one of the best episodes, if i do say so myself. That one and "Objects in Space." Love that show.

I think it may have replaced Buffy as my favorite...and that's sayin a lot. If it had been given it's chance to grow, there's no doubt it've been the best ruttin show ever

 
At 4/10/2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Scott Parejo Left a note...

I'm so glad that you have joined in with the Brown Coats. It is a wonderful gang. Saw the movie three times in the theatre in hopes that it would up the ante enough to get more from the franchise... but alas, I believe it is dead.

Nonetheless, it is exciting that you haven't made it through the entire series yet. Cherish each episode. And don't take crap from Babylon 5 fans. Firefly isn't sci-fi, it's Western... just on spaceships... in the future. Well, at least there is no dumb alien make-up and they don't have to explain for everyone having a common language.

Oh, and also pass along to Justin how honored I am that he considers my humor to be anywhere in the region of askaninja.com. That is the funniest podcast out there, and I wish I had that skill.

God bless.

 
At 4/10/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Scott Parejo Left a note...

I'm so glad that you have joined in with the Brown Coats. It is a wonderful gang. Saw the movie three times in the theatre in hopes that it would up the ante enough to get more from the franchise... but alas, I believe it is dead.

Nonetheless, it is exciting that you haven't made it through the entire series yet. Cherish each episode. And don't take crap from Babylon 5 fans. Firefly isn't sci-fi, it's Western... just on spaceships... in the future. Well, at least there is no dumb alien make-up and they don't have to explain for everyone having a common language.

Oh, and also pass along to Justin how honored I am that he considers my humor to be anywhere in the region of askaninja.com. That is the funniest podcast out there, and I wish I had that skill.

God bless.

 
At 4/11/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

I'm Marla's blog. AKA Neglected.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...