.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

3.22.2007


Stephanie gets voted off, but Phil and Sanjaya stay?


I love American Idol. I admit it. I am not ashamed. There are worse things in life. It's my thing - leave me alone.

I just don't get it, America. I really don't. Why vote off Stephanie Edwards and keep Sanjaya and Phil Stacey? The reason these two remain in the finals is because they make for good TV. (I added Chris Richardson above, because his boy-band style REALLY bugs me.) Phil has a good story with his military background and Sanjaya is... Well, he auditioned with his sister and that makes him special because... Because he hulas badly? I really don't know. It's obvious that the producers have strategic placement of good and bad singers. If the powers that be only chose good people to battle it out, that wouldn't make for very good television, would it? Duh! There has to be drama and there has to be debate over who should win. So the real question is: are we all minions playing into the hands of some very talented producers?

If I had to guess I would say that Doolittle has it in the bag. The judges have never had a negative comment for her and she's obviously the prize they want to win. And she would deserve it. Her voice is smooth and flawless. HOWEVER, with the way things are going we could have a finale with Sanjaya singing some rendition of a "Do I Make You Proud" song while the victorious confetti gets caught in his long locks... And poor Chris Sligh will have to watch as David Hasselhof crys to Sanjaya's singing and not his, as he once dreamed. Oh, the horror!

1 Comments:

At 3/23/2007 8:55 AM, Blogger beccikruger Left a note...

I know it is a shocker that Sanjaya is still on the show, I can't figure it out at all. They talk about Gina screaming instead of singing what was Sanjaya doing on Tuesday night. With Stephanie I still felt bored with her, like she was a clone of Fantasia...She even had the same haircut. She had an amazing voice but I got bored with her performances. I feel the same about Lakisha...amazing voice but on stage boring...

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...