.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

1.11.2007


fantastic news

No. Not me.

T'would seem as though I am surrounded by impregnated people and babies. However, none have come so close to home as this recent exciting announcement. I'm going to be an auntie! Ok, so I'm already an aunt, but this is my first niece/nephew since 1988.

My sister told me by placing a present in front of me. I asked, "What's this for?"

"For being a great sister," she replied and smiled.

Inside the box was a bib with "My Aunt Loves Me" embroidered on it. It took me about 30 seconds to figure it out, because at first I was thinking: Is this a joke? Why would she get a bib for my cat? Although that's not as bad as when my oldest sister told me (mind you, I was at the tender age of 10) that she was going to have a baby. My reply to that was, "Does Johnny know?"

I guess I am as blond as I look sometimes, but I did figure it out. I gave her a huge hug and cried with joy for her and my brother-in-law. I couldn't be happier for them.

2 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 11:08 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

For those of you wondering about that last comment: I originally posted a comment about J and I "trying." But it felt too pressury to put it up, so I took it down. Now only those of you searching the comments will find out.

Jen, it's funny that you say that, because that was one unnammed pregnant person's fear - that everyone would know what she was doing. I'm like, "Gee, it's not like a huge secret on how babies are made!" She's so funny.

 
At 1/11/2007 11:58 AM, Blogger Jeff H Left a note...

Congrats!!!

And, uh, that chick in the pic ain't got no skivvies on...

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...