.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

3.10.2007


Are you kidding me? Sanjaya?


One of my guilty pleasures is American Idol. I am addicted. I watch. I vote. I get anxious if I feel like TiVo is going to let me down on one of the recordings. This all drives Justin nuts, because he passionately loathes the show.

If it isn't obvious to American Idol viewers at this point, a girl is going to win this year. Their talent outstrips the guys' by light years. Millions of light years. With, perhaps, the exception of the Beat-Boxin' Blake. Blake is still out sung by the top three divas, but is more original than most of the remaining 12.

For those of you watching this week, we are now into top 12 - meaning we get to see the Idols work with stylists (which can be hilarious) and various professional musicians. I STILL cannot believe that Sanjaya is in the top 12. Of all of the contestants EVER in the top 12, I think he just might be the most unworthy. Perhaps our friends at Vote for the Worst are making headway, but Sanajaya wasn't their pick when he made it into the top 12. I think he's worse than Kellie Pickler. At least Kellie Pickler had some personality - this guy sings OK, but he's so vanilla (and I'm not talking about ice cream flavors, Simon). He's so unimaginative and strange - he sings as though he's whispering through a bad lounge act. Plus, he's really on my bad side for massacring a John Mayer song. You just don't do that in my world. After his performance on Tuesday I wished it were possible to negative-vote. He literally made me cringe.

Keep your eyes on LaKisha and Melinda. If the world is fair - those 2 will battle it out for the crown. I mean, seriously, what must it be like to be the other 10 contestants going up against the polished, honey-coated voices of those two? They are both amazing. But what do I know? I thought Mandisa would end up in the top 3 last year...

5 Comments:

At 3/10/2007 5:01 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

Speaking of Mandisa, I might be interviewing her this spring. Her agent has sent me a couple of letters. I love her!

I have to agree with your picks to a point, but go against the flow. I really like the curly haired singer with the good sense of humor. He reminds me of Elton John. That's my pick, so let's see who takes the prize. :)

If we're both wrong, and Sanjaya wins, then we can arm wrestle, ok?

 
At 3/12/2007 8:58 AM, Blogger Jackson Left a note...

I've only watched this season and last season, so I admittedly don't know of all the contestants to make the top 12. I do know, however, that Sanjaya has a much better voice than Kevin Covais (aka Chicken Little) from last year. Covais had more personality and was more likeable, though. Sanjaya's continued presence is simply inexplicable. I would have much preferred Sundance.

Haley should also be gone, with Sabrina in her place.

As far as the guys are concerned - I hold out hope for Blake or Chris Sligh to win, though neither of them has a voice to match up with Melinda or LaKisha, I think those two women will eventually become annoying.

 
At 3/12/2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3/12/2007 4:52 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

I don't know how I completely skipped over Chris Sigh (the curly-haired guy with the good sense of humor, Darlene). He is really good, too.

I think Jax might be right - the divas may get annoying... Country-music week should be interesting. I don't know if they are going to be able to sing generas outside of R&B and Whitney/Mariah/Christina/Celine ballads.

Only time will tell. I don't have a favorite yet, so I vote how I feel each week... And I've been craving chocolate, so who knows who I'll vote for this week!

 
At 3/15/2007 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

That one in the blue shirt is kind of cute...who's he?

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...