.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

12.28.2006


the me I am

The following statements are coincidental in timing - they are not resolutions:

I am a woman who will be defined by her passion for Christ.
I am a wife who is truly committed to her husband and treats him with respect.
I am a step-mom who calls Luke on a regular basis.
I am a daughter who is there for her parents when they call.
I am defined by my commitment to maintaining my friendships.
My business is run in my order of priorities. God and family come first.
I am a businesswoman with talent and dedication to excellence.
My body will not place last in my order of priorities.
I am a woman who strives to put health on the top shelf.
I am a mother who reads and gains wisdom from other great parents.
I am a leader who reads and gains wisdom from other great leaders.
I read my Bible daily.
Gossip is not something I am known to be involved in.
I am known for taking a stance, when the ground is worth standing on.
I arrive 5 minutes before I am expected.
I sleep-in, by going to bed earlier.
I am a morning person.
I am a giving and generous person.
I give credit to God for all of my blessings.
I know when to say "no."
I am truly greatful for my life and understand that it is not my own.

Take a look. That is who I strive to be - every day. If it's true that you don't get what you want, you get what you think about - then this is the list I need to think about every day. I call on God to change my heart so that this list will become a reality.

6 Comments:

At 12/28/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger CJ Left a note...

I love these "I am" statements! What a great idea for a blog post!

 
At 12/28/2006 7:07 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

Just like I thought--you're awesome! :)

 
At 12/28/2006 7:49 PM, Blogger Kim Left a note...

Great list! We are what we are through God's grace! What a testimony to that!

Kim

 
At 1/02/2007 7:53 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Yes. Yes. Laugh if you want, but I AM someone who arrives 5 minutes before I am expected. Luckily, most people expect me to be 15 minutes late... Ha! Just kidding. It's a serious dedication, but it is funny, because of the me I used to be.

 
At 1/05/2007 1:10 PM, Blogger Muley Left a note...

I agree with "Imperfect Christian" -- what a great idea for a blog post. Not what you HOPE to be in 2007, but what you ARE. And what you are sounds admirable.

 
At 1/06/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

I wanted to clarify the "I AM" list. I believe that through God and prayer and dedication, you can reprogram your thoughts. Since it's impossible to be something you are not, I am starting with what I am. If I list them as statements of truth, then eventually my mind will catch-up and I will become that list.

I didn't want anyone to think that I am arrogant enough to seem like I'm bragging about the person I am - this is the person who God wills me to be. I can only be this person with the help of Christ.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...