.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.05.2005


Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter


X-Wing Luke
Originally uploaded by BeanTipton.
I am living in a Star Wars house. I am out numbered, two to one. It is amazing to me that Luke remembers everything Justin tells him about those movies. Without thinking, Luke can tell you about Y-Wings, X-Wing Fighters, Snow Speeders, Tie-Fighters, the Millenium Falcon, Obi Wan, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2D2, Battle Droids, Storm Troopers, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Jar-Jar, Watto, Anakin, Padme and the list goes on and on, and on and on... Yesterday, in the car, we heard Luke telling his toy snake that it "...did not know the power of the dark side."

It's really interesting, though. Luke's memory is amazing when it comes to Star Wars. Can a child learn to read on Star Wars alone? Come to think of it, how on Earth do I know all this shit, too? Damn it! I'm going to be a nerd too, aren't I? Do you think I'll ever get Justin to start reciting designers and the names of all my favorite stores? Not likely. This is why I have boycotted Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. Six movies should never have spawned this much insanity. I am sure I am in the minority of this thought-line, but oh well. I'm into shoes, not space fantasy.

I had a lot of fun photos I wanted to send to you from our weekend at the in-laws in Gardnerville, NV, but I forgot to download the camera last night. I'll post them tomorrow with a story from this weekend's adventures. You won't want to miss the lightsaber wound Uncle Ian received from our very own aggressive Luke (Skywalker). Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 11:41 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Yeah, we suddenly got hit over the head (with, like, a ton of bricks) with the idea to incorporate Star Wars and reading. Why do we come up with the best ideas in the last few remaining weeks of his visit?

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...