.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

6.30.2005


A Turkey Leg Cures All

When I look at this picture I can't help but love my husband. It's not the giant turkey leg he's gnawing on, it's not the goofy expression on his face, it's not the fact that we are both Disneyland nuts... It's just that he lets me be me and I let him be him. Life isn't perfect. We aren't flaw-free. We certainly do not have a marriage without any faults or arguments. But when I look at this picture, I think of how he loves me and that no matter what hits our door, we'll find a way to work it out, together - possibly by beating it to a bloody pulp with a turkey leg.

Justin is the kindest man I have ever known. I love him for everything that he is and I love him for everything he is not. Sure, I am not as into Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and all that tech mumbo gumbo as he is, but he's not into my fashion craze... So doesn't that even us out?

Most of all, I just adore his heart. Even in the middle of a stupid fight, he looks as me with absolute love and acceptance. He gives me a sense of security in our marriage that I have never know in a relationship. Good thing I married him, eh?

A happy couple we are.

2 Comments:

At 7/05/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Ah... Bliss... ;-)

Shannon always says that sometimes you have to make the decision to love. Boy, is that a toughy! But she's got a point. What a world this could be if we could all learn to be kind, instead of being right, and to love, instead of being defensive.

The control-freak in me would rather be right, but that path hasn't always landed me in the best situation.

 
At 7/14/2005 6:46 PM, Blogger Kathy Left a note...

What a sweet post to dedicate to your husband! I don't know you, and just read this one post, but I can easily see Jesus through you. Way to go!!

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...