.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.04.2006


hurt someone you love, by doing something foolish

Someone from my past decided it would be a good idea to attempt a courtship with someone I'm very close to. The person from the past is an unsavory individual wtih a recent history of putting me, and my family, through a certain amount of pain. Being of reasonably sound mind and body, I informed said loser that he was to stay away from my dear friend - which of course, he did not.

I did not expect this woman, whom I would consider closer to me than my own sisters, to choose to reciprocate an interest. Feeling partially obligated to inform her of all the details, I decided it would be a good idea to tell her EVERYTHING. Very few people know the whole truth. I also told her, albeit late, that it hurt my feelings that she continued on with this. This has changed nothing.

Where I have erred: getting involved at all. When it comes down to it, I don't care who dates whom. I just care that someone I love is headed down a road, paved with my tears, side by side with one of the persons personally responsible for it.

What kills me: it's irrelevant to her.

Yep... I can not give y'all the details, because it wouldn't be right. I'm not even saying my irritation is justified, but I cannot help how repulsed and hurt I am by the whole thing.

Not-so-BCBG, you suck.

5 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Jeff H Left a note...

I know you know this, but the only thing you can control is yourself and your response to the circumstances in which you find yourself.

May God bless you through this experience.

Hope you had a happy 4th of July!!!

 
At 7/05/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Jeff, thank you. You're absolutely right. I'm trying. I really am.

 
At 7/06/2006 9:43 AM, Blogger Deb Left a note...

I had a very similar experience occur in my life 15 years ago. Imagine, to my horror, how mortified I was to learn that not only was the loser (in this case a woman) dating the guy (whom I was trying to protect), but HE HAD PROPOSED and SHE ACCEPTED!! AGGHHH!!

Today --they are one of the happiest married couples I know with two beautiful children. Who knew? obviously not me.

I'll be praying for you - that you'll find some peace somewhere in this situation and that your friend will not be hurt.

 
At 7/14/2006 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Sometime the hardest things are the ones you can't do anything about..and you try to tell yourself you can but it isn't true. Tough. I'm sorry you have to go through it.

 
At 1/21/2008 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

I believe one of the hardest things in the world is to love someone so much and the feeling isn't returned.
One, still crys and funtions the best way one knows how to.
To love a man who loves another ...its hard to breath at times but,....some how some way one funds the the memories of a eco of a heart that was so once alive vibrent to hold on to the last beat and just sight and wipe away one more tear...

Your belove sailor

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...