.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

12.20.2006


ho ho ho

Our tree is up, the first round of Christmas parties have come and gone and it's down right frosty outside. It feels like Christmastime. So, the Christmas spirit has officially hit me. So has the winter flu. Good timing.

I would like to announce to everyone, "I AM DONE!!!" No more shopping, just a lot of wrapping for me. I hope to take care of some of it tonight. Before I head off to dilly-dally with the paper and bows, one quick story straight from the grocery store:

I walked up to the section where they sell the eggs, there was an older woman standing there as I approached. There was one kind of egg on sale and it looked like there was just one carton left. It appeared as though we were both contemplating what to do about the last carton of "sale" eggs. Then I spotted the crate next to it - full of the same kind of eggs, but not marked as a sale item. As I was grabbing the carton and checking for specimens, she asked me "Are those on sale, as well?"

I looked up at her. She had really kind eyes, but a daring sparkle winked at me from behind her long, blue-gray bangs. "I think so. They're the same kind of egg... Oh well, I hope so!"

She sighed and returned her study to the eggs, but said "Oh good, I thought I was going to have to fight you for the last one."

"I would have let you have it." I smiled.

"The gray hair helps, huh?"

"No, you were here first." She laughed as I walked away. A few steps away I cheerfully turned back and shouted "Merry Christmas!"

1 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Close...It's a different Main St. The one in Disneyland :)

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...