.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

12.01.2005


watching and waiting

Dear friends, I need your prayers. No, my dad needs your prayers. As many of you may or may not know, my dad has been suffering with cancer for awhile (4 years, 11 months). For any of you who have dealt with cancer, it's a lot of watching and waiting. Right now, we're watching a mass in his neck. If it doesn't go down by next week, they will have to do an biopsy (they don't want to do one right now, because if there's a chance it will go-away, then they don't have to get near a main atery in his neck for the procedure). Suddenly, I feel heavy. My arms feel weighty and my legs seem to drag. I don't know how much of this watch and wait I can handle. We've been on a virtual rollercoaster of emotion for nearly 5 years. I can't even begin to think about the implications of what it means if that tumor is malignant. I'm weary. I'm tired. I'm trying to rest in Christ, because I know his yoke is easy and his burdens are light. I know I can rest in Him, but it's not as easy as all that. He's my daddy. How can I not worry?

5 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 6:46 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

No problem Marla. I will be praying for you, your family and him.

 
At 12/02/2005 11:22 AM, Blogger Jeff H Left a note...

Will be lifting up your dad--and you--in prayer.

 
At 12/02/2005 4:23 PM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Thanks, everyone. My family and I appreciate your prayers!

 
At 12/02/2005 5:26 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

I know the difficulties and we're with you...

 
At 12/02/2005 9:55 PM, Blogger Deb Left a note...

Marla, we went through years of watching and waiting with my Dad - for a different reason. He suffered a heart attack - had double bypass surgery twice - finally was placed on a heart transplant list and received a new heart. A new heart both physically AND spiritually - because it was the day of the transplant that he committed his life to Christ. Years of praying for Dad had finally paid off --in more ways than one! So - I understand the watching and waiting and uncertainty and anxiety that comes with what you're going through as a family. I'm praying for you ---and your Dad! Remember - God is on the throne. He knows what He's doing and here's the best part: He PROMISES to work all things out together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Trust in His sovreignty.
...praying for you!
Deb

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...