.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

6.01.2005


Get thee to a reunion!

I didn't wake-up this morning just dying to write a blog, but recently I got in touch with an old friend from high school - Scott Parejo - and his blog/website is so interesting. I think it's interesting because it's about his life and he's very candid and witty. Not too unlike my good friend, Jen - another high school friend. So after reading some of Scott and Jen's blogs, I am re-inspired to use this blog to say stuff that I don't usually say.

Check out Scott's website at scottparejo.com and Jen's site at 8junebugs.blogspot.net.

We were at the Star Wars premeir (of course I was, you do no know who I'm married to, right?) and I ran into this girl, an FHS junior. Her name was Amanda and she was in the music program, which, unless Foothill has changed and received more funding than I know about, means she's in the band. I can't explain it exactly, but she was so Dawson's. Every word that came out of her mouth was like a chance for her to use her extended vocabulary. It was like talking to a walking thesaurus. If you think I'm making fun of people who like to use "big" words, think again. I am talking about that person who uses exaggerated words, just to have an average conversation. Her manner of speaking took me right back to high school and it left me thinking... Maybe I don't really want to go to that reunion after all.

In August, Foothill High School class of 1995 is having their 10-year reunion. Ok, first - shut up! Am I am that old? Second, I thought that I would be excited to go and I was, until I looked at the list of people who have registed on the website. There's nothing wrong with these people, but I just don't know them. I never did. So, why am I thinking about going to a restaurant I hate, to mingle with people I don't really know? Can someone please explain what happens if you don't go to your reunions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...