.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

6.24.2005


A Black Fly in Your Chardoney

I have spent some time with Alanis - I think as a nod to nostalgia, brought on by that looming reunion. It really bothers me when people misuse words and screw up their grammar (which I will admit I am not perfect at, but it is still a pet peeve of mine). So, I have decided that - after the incorrect use of its and it's, your and you're - I would have to say my second-place distaste goes out to those who mistakenly use irony as an unfortunate coincidence. Which really leaves that black fly line hanging-out for a clearer definition, or I just don't get how it's ironic.

Unoriginal thought for the day: Ms. Morissette's song should be renamed "Unfortunate."

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 9:14 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Can one of you explain exactly when to use who and whom? I think I get it like 70% of the time on a guess.

 
At 6/30/2005 11:24 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

Ah! Now I am thoroughly and completely confused.

Just kidding!

Ok, I'm not. How did I ever get through college and magazine journalism? I guess that whole "Compromised the bible" proofing error makes more sense now.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...