.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

12.22.2007


apparently HGTV knows me better than I do...


Merry merry. Life is crazy right now, but at least my style hasn't changed.

We're right on top of Christmas, again and 'tis the season to drop off the face of the Earth. I think about blogging stuff all the time, but if I have to decided between clean underwear and deadlines that get met - I choose not to blog.

Every year when Christmas rolls around, I put on this huge bravado to keep my focus on the birth of our Lord, but what exactly does this holiday do to protect that event? Other than carols or manger scenes the Christ in Christmas seems hard to find. I would like to know where Christmas got out of hand. Why is it all about buying, buying and more buying? The older I get, the less I understand. I just can't seem to get the connection between what Christmas originally meant and what it has turned into.

Would I rather get yet another bath set, candle set or picture frame or would I rather that money went to someone who really needed it? OK, let's make that a less obvious answer. Would I rather have another handbag, a Tiffany necklace, a new pair of shoes or would I rather see a hungry family get a goat that will give them milk and cheese for years to come? Believe it or not, I would rather take a pass on the gifts. I feel almost gluttonous in our ongoing accumulation of stuff. And while I am grateful for the many blessings that make it possible to enjoy so much, I think about myself too much. I am praying for a selfless heart.

2 Comments:

At 12/27/2007 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a note...

my style was sweet. awww.

 
At 12/31/2007 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Word.

FYI...that goat could probably also provide the family with cashmere fiber once every couple of years. Cashmere is the key to social mobility. ;)

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...