.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.30.2007


i don't match today

Despite my best efforts to keep my sanity, I continue to involve myself in multiple positions that keep my peace of mind just beyond reach. This morning I woke up at 8:00 AM and was late for job no. 2, because I didn't get home from job no. 3 until 9:30 last night and that meant I was out at dinner until almost 11:00 PM. I worked on job no. 1 this morning before officially getting ready. There were emails to answer, deadlines to confirm and touch-ups to be done. When 30 minutes had passed, I jumped from my chair, ran down the hall and hopped into the shower. I allowed myself the luxury of an extra 30 seconds under the showerhead just so I could gather my thoughts for the coming day’s tasks. While drying my hair, I got the sneaking suspicion that I forgot to rinse the conditioner out. It felt limp and listless. Oh well, it was too late to re-wash. I would just have to deal with flat, ugly hair.

I couldn't find a clip or anything to hold back my life-less, stringy bangs and so they got tucked behind my ear where they will fight a battle to stay in place all day long. A glance at my reflection revealed it was impossible to try and let my face go au-natural – the dark circles have started to take over eyes. Mindlessly trying to cover-up the evidence of my fatigue, I began planning today's outfit. One came to mind, so I headed out of the bathroom to search-out said articles of clothing of which I only found half of. While trying to find a matching pair of brown sandals I decided that they were either stolen or walked away on their own right out of my highly-organized closet. Then I spotted a pile of Justin's jeans and pants that were more tossed onto a shelf than folded and chose to straighten those out before continuing my fruitless search for said brown sandals. Half-dressed, I wandered out of the closet and into my bathroom, because (of course) I forgot to put deodorant on. A quick look in the mirror revealed just ONE perfectly defined eyebrow where there should have been two. Great! I forgot to finish my make-up!

While brushing some blush across my cheekbones to "finish" an already useless effort to look presentable, I was overcome with thirst. Being that I was already extremely late I decided it wouldn't hurt to grab a glass of water. On the way to the kitchen I heard the whirrrrp of a new email and went into the office instead. There, I found a way to waste 15 precious minutes. When I realized how much time has passed, I rushed out of the office, hurdled our two cats in the hall and raced back to the closet to find some sort of shirt to go with my skirt. This whole endeavor lead to an endless internal argument about whether or not spaghetti strap tank tops were appropriate in an office environment - which, of course, they are not. I could not find a sleeved shirt to match my skirt and I knew that if I had to start with another skirt the whole process would take even longer. At least all of this agonizing helped me realize that my brown sandals actually broke a few weeks ago and I threw them out. Relieved, I put on the closest sandals to my feet. With my left hand over my eyes, I grabbed the first sweater I could find and walked out of the room in search of my cell phone, glasses, handbag and keys. Once in my car, I realized that I had to pee and I actually told myself that I didn't have time for that. Who does that?

So here I am at job no. 2. My hair looks like I haven't washed it in days. My bangs have officially lost their battle to stay behind my ear. I'm still thirsty. There are about 15 unanswered emails, and counting, in job no. 1's Inbox. I’m pretty sure I left all of the house lights on. I am wearing a turquoise and cream skirt, brown spaghetti-strap tank, a blue zipper hoodie and GOLD sandals. It is 100 degrees outside and I'm wearing a hoodie! I still have to pee and I only have one eyebrow. This is not a proud moment for me.

5 Comments:

At 8/30/2007 3:53 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a note...

here's where i'd need to see a picture to believe it!

 
At 8/30/2007 10:57 PM, Blogger Emily Left a note...

I know what this is like. I once showed up to an art critique with hardly any makeup, messy hair, one brown sandal and one black sandal. During my presentation, I was so loopy, I told everyone about my mismatched sandals.

 
At 8/31/2007 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Mikey G says...
I have to admit I didn't finish the article. I a ctually only read the first sentence of each paragraph to make sure the theme didn't change. But I was strongly moved inlight of the kind of stress I have to face everyday to say I am very glad I am a guy. At least I don't notice if I didn't take a shower today.

 
At 9/01/2007 3:02 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a note...

What do you think about creating a Battlestar Galactica's ring of blogs?
It coulb be just linking each other or creating a webring.

If you have any comments, or suggests just let me know on my BSG's blog:

http://estrelladecombate.blogspot.com

 
At 9/06/2007 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Girl, it can ALWAYS be worse!!

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...