.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

10.19.2007


the growth

Extreme poverty. The A.I.D.S. pandemic. The war in Iraq. Bratz: the movie. These are all things I should be worried about. The ginormous zit on my face? Not so much. However, destroying it and sheilding people from it's unsightliness has been my main goal for 2 whole days.

What's the deal with being 30 and getting a mammoth-sized growth on my face? I mean, isn't this supposed to be over? I don't know if I've ever had one this large before. It's embarassing. I feel like everyone is looking at it. I think people might be on the verge of calling me "Pimple" or "Pop It" or something like that. I guess I won't worry too much until my Starbucks comes back to me with "Zitty Zit" written on it.

Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 10/22/2007 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

I have one at about 4 o'clock from my bottom lip, and I have only been able to mitigate the...pressure...behind it, not shrink it or pop it. I've used four different products so far. And my skin had been doing so WELL!

I've gotten pretty good at ignoring what I think people are thinking about my complexion, but last night was hard. I picked up a pizza for dinner with a THROBBING RED PIMPLE at eye level to the teenager behind the counter (who is allowed to get pimples and had none).

New rule: Nature can't give you pimples and wrinkles at the same time. Pick one life phase and stick with it.

 
At 10/22/2007 7:57 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

I whole-heartedly agree with your proposal. Can your people get in touch with Ms. Nature?

I finally got it to go down, but it is still red. 6 days and counting!

 
At 10/23/2007 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Ms. Nature stopped returning my calls roundabout the time I publicly called her a fickle bitch. So I may not be our best ambassador.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...