.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

1.30.2006


coincidence? i think not!

It's a fact that on January 30....

In 1815 the United States Congress authorized the purchase of Thomas Jefferson's library as the nucleus of the Library of Congress.

In 1882 F.D.R. was born.

In 1933 Hitler was named Chancellor of Germany.

In 1948 Ghandi was assassinated.

I guess when you think about it, there is a 1 in 365 (sometimes 366) chance that any day has anything to do with another day. You wanted something random, Scott - there ya go!

So, my dear Blogdom, I have been MIA. I barely have time to browse through my favorite various kingdoms anymore. I am sad and I am going to go on a tour this week. Why have I been so busy? My business has picked up. However, there is no "Bean" business anymore. There is the Bean's business, though. Confused? So was I! I had the misfortune of naming myself the same thing that another company in Alexandria did. I received a delightful cease and desist letter from said company and am in the process of changing my name. Other than paying for some minor legal fees to repsond to the letter, I really have no hard feelings. I have decided to go with a non-ficticious name from here on out, just because I am too darn tired to go through a search to find out THAT name is also taken. So, I thought I did my homework before, but I obviously I didn't. For all you biz owners out there, it's a good idea to have a law firm do the leg work for you and get you all trade marked or service marked. It's a little expensive, but trust me, it's worth it.

In other bad news, I am not as original in my naming abilities as I thought. Yes, I was bummed, but it's not the end of the world and I really don't care anymore. You would think that I would be angry and annoyed. I really am not at all. I guess it helps that I am the one who's in the wrong and while I didn't know it at the time, it doesn't change the fact that I am the one who didn't do enough research on the forefront of my enterprise. Ok, I'm a little annoyed about having to change everything, but I'm not angry. I guess I have learned to roll with the punches.

Lesson Four of things I needed to learn about a business before I started it is complete. Someday I'll share the first three.

7 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Now you've got me curious as to the first three...

 
At 1/30/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Scott Parejo Left a note...

I apologize for being so mean, but am happy because of the joy your posts bring. Keep rockin' them beans darlin'.

 
At 1/30/2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Kitten

 
At 2/01/2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

I'm sorry about the name change, that's frustrating, but it's good that you've been busy. Then maybe you haven't noticed my absence too.

 
At 2/05/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Jeff H Left a note...

See, I would've just named the business "Fish Farts" and let the "chips" fall where they may.

 
At 2/10/2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

Maybe Jeff will change the name of his blog. Fish Farts rolls of the tongue so well.

 
At 2/10/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

Post something new boring Marla!!!!!

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...