.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

10.13.2005


somebody, please, put me out of my misery

That Kathy Bates movie has nothing on the condition of my throat. I usually am the one person who can withstand the mega-germ infested world we live in. Somehow, throughout the years, I have managed to remain relatively unscathed by the evil thwartings of all things ill. However, I have failed my mission to be a healthy human until 2006.

My head feels like one of those cartoon anvils, and every time I move it, I expect Wile E. Coyote to cower under it's falling weight. I have a Chlorospetic numbness on my throat now, but between squirts, it feels more like sandpaper on fire. Then there's the coughing. The painful, gut-wrenching, horrible coughing. It's a ceaseless sort of cough that wants to see that I get no rest at all. But that's OK, because I really shouldn't be resting anyway. Because here's the real kicker: being self-employed does not give you sick time. So, you either tough it out and get it done or you don't do it at all and you don't get paid. Wonderful.

On the brighter side of things - the 'Tussin Buz is quite nice.

5 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 1:15 PM, Blogger Jackson Left a note...

Hey fellow sore-throat-sufferer! I don't have the cough as bad as you do...but my throat has been a gauntlet of horror for the past few days. Went to the doctor this morning and had a strep swab. Janelle is sick too. Waaah.

 
At 10/14/2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Jesse and Melissa Left a note...

I'm sick too (Melissa). My throat hurt alot. I don't have a cough but I have sinus pressure, sneezing and running nose. Mine just started so I'll be sick for the weekend, how fun. I'm at work but I'll be going home in about 3 hours. Yeah Government Sick Time! I hate when I get a sore throat, my mono nightmares comes to mind.

 
At 10/14/2005 9:08 AM, Blogger Marla Bean Left a note...

I get the feeling that a lot of Crossroads (and Esperanza Viva) people are sick. Ok, who spread the bug? Cough it up!

 
At 10/14/2005 6:48 PM, Blogger Nettie Left a note...

I feel left out, I'm not sick in the traditional sense. But in the spirit- try sitting in a steam-filled bathroom, it soothes for a time at least.

 
At 10/19/2005 9:28 PM, Blogger Ricky Left a note...

if you don't come up with a new post im going to put you out of your misery. thats for sure.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...