.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7.14.2008


so totally disappointed

You may remember that I have been training since the end of February to walk in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer marathon. It was this weekend... And I couldn't walk! A few days before the walk I realized that my feet weren't just hurting from all the training walks, but that something was terribly wrong when I found it difficult to put my weight on my left foot. I went to a podiatrist who was the bearer of bad news - planter faciitis and tendonitis. Even though I was cast as the lame gimpy teammate, I was determined to at least get all of my donations in and support my wonderful team. I joined them on Friday and returned home on Saturday - feeling a pretty upset about the whole thing, but realizng that wincing with each step is not a good thing.

Mitiz's Mammories did the full 39 miles! I am so proud of them. Together, we raised almost $20,000 - which is amazing.

Mitzi's Mammories (from left) are: Donna, Roger, Me, Emily, Melissa, Kim, Karen, Becci & Paul.

1 Comments:

At 7/14/2008 10:22 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

Aha, it all makes sense now. So sorry about your st!

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...