.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2.13.2008


a lot of walking, but for a good cause.



Some of you may not know that I lost my Aunt Mitzi to breast cancer in 2005. Breast cancer kills approximately one woman every 14 minutes, robbing us of our mothers and grandmothers, our sisters and aunts, cousins and best friends. No one knows what causes breast cancer or how it can be prevented. There is no cure... Yet.

I just won’t accept that there’s nothing I can do. And, since cancer has unfortunately touched my family in several ways, I feel even more compelled to do something, anything, to bring us one step closer to finding a cure and ending the suffering. I have joined Mitzi’s Mammories, the team that honors the memory of my Aunt Mitzi. We will be walking along with many others in the San Francisco area on July 12-13 to walk 26.2 miles in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

As part of this commitment, I have agreed to raise at least $1,800 for the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade. I am asking for your support. Any and all donations will help us get closer! Since 1992, the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade has returned more than $250 million for the cause. That money is distributed to five critical areas: medical research, clinical care, support services, education and early detection programs.

If you would like to make a donation, you can email me or you can click Avon logo under my photo on the right.

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2008 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Fuck cancer. Fuck it right in the ear.

I am so proud of you I'm about to bust wide open. This is no small undertaking, but I know...KNOW you can do it.

Let's talk often throughout our training. Maybe together we can also find a cure for double-decker blisters. ;)

Awesome team name. Also, love love love the graphic you built -- very stylish. I may have to borrow it.

(Pssst...mammAries. Just sayin'.)

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...