.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

10.28.2005


a very sad day

Maggie passed away last night. She was 3 years old. 3 years old... I didn't find out about Maggie's passing until Darlene emailed me (thank you, Darlene) this afternoon. I was out and about this morning - working on filing my fictitious business name, applying for my business license and opening a business checking account (I'm a real business owner today - kinda strange). So I just sat down to work and I read the email. Everything just came to a screeching halt for me. My left over tuna casserole was still in the microwave and I just fell to my knees in deep prayer and actual sobs. The crying surprised me, too. I think one of my spiritual gifts is empathy, because sometimes I can feel other people's emotional pain.

I was praying for Maggie and her family, before I knew anything about the news, this morning and I just kept telling God: "I just don't understand why." Look at her. She is a precious little angel. I know God has his plans and everything is in His perfect timing, but that doesn't mean it's easy to understand why it all happens. I can't even imagine what her parents (Rick and Beth) are going through right now. I guess we can all be at peace knowing that Maggie's holding Jesus' hand right now. And while I know the Williams' hearts are at peace with where Maggie is - it doesn't make them miss their sweet little girl any less.

Cling to the moment, everyone. If there is ever a lesson in terminal illnesses - it's live every moment in sheer joy. Treasure those around you and bask in the love of your family and friends. All we have to take with us are our relationships.

If you have a moment, please say a prayer for Maggie's family. Let them know you're praying - sign their guest book on Maggie's site.

2 Comments:

At 10/28/2005 9:13 PM, Blogger Deb Left a note...

Marla, thanks for your post --and your comment on my blog. I have been in a kind of daze today --praying continually for Maggie's family. I went over to our church to work on a mural I'm doing (Garden of Eden). I'm going to incorporate a white rose into the design in memory of Maggie May. My heart just aches for them. Being the Mom of a three-year old myself, I can't EVEN imagine the pain they are feeling. And you're right....it definitely has to be Jesus in us when we hurt so deeply for someone we've never even met. My sister and brother-in-law are best friends with Scott and Frances --so Scott called Lori to tell her --told her that the rose he posted was for Maggie --but at that point, he hadn't made any comments as he was waiting for the family to say something on her website. Before Lori even told me, I knew. And I too, sobbed. I've been praying lately that I would see things through the eyes of Christ...as they say, 'be careful what you pray for...'
Thanks for your tender heart, Marla. Have a blessed day, Deb

 
At 10/30/2005 6:33 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a note...

She was the sweetest thing. I can't imagine the parents hurt.

 

Post a Comment


It's 'bean' fun...

Back to the daily grind...